Complaints Handling Procedure
At Wilson Morris, customer relations is something that we strive to maintain and improve. Any complaint received is taken very seriously and is dealt with professionally and courteously in accordance with our internal complaints procedure.
Every customer has a right to make a complaint to Wilson Morris.
HOW CAN I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
A complaint can be made by any reasonable means, either by letter, telephone, email or in person:
You can complain in writing to:
1st Floor, 2 Post Office Street,
Or by telephone: 0800 999 0999
Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- We aim to resolve your complaints immediately where possible. If you inform us that you are unhappy with the service you have received from Wilson Morris, we will try to contact you to find a resolution. If we are not able to resolve your complaint within 3 days of receiving it, we will send you a formal acknowledgement of your complaint, in writing or by email within 5 working days of receipt.
- All complaints will be investigated by a person of sufficient competence who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint. Whoever investigates the complaint will have the authority to settle the complaint.
- Our Customer Relations Department will thoroughly investigate your concerns and a full and final response will be issued within 8 weeks.
- If, after 8 weeks, we are not in a position to issue a final response we will provide reasons for the delay and indicate, in writing, when we expect to be able to issue our final response.
- Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept.
- If we do not hear from you within 14 days of receiving our response, we will assume that your complaint has been resolved and your file will be referred back to the relevant department
I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE...WHAT CAN I DO?
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Claims Management Ombudsman. The Claims Management Ombudsman investigates complaints about poor service from claims management companies.
- The Claims Management Ombudsman can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem.
- If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint.
- If you would like more information about the Claims Management Ombudsman, or wish to refer a complaint, their contact details are as follows:
Claims Management Ombudsman,
London E14 9SR
By telephone: 0800 023 4567
Updated December 6 2019